DuroMax XP16HPE 420cc 16-HP Recoil/Electric Start Horizontal Gas Powered Engine
- 4 Stroke OHV engine.
- Large 1.75 Gallon Fuel Tank.
- Runs on Standard 87 Octane Gasoline
- Electric Keyed Start.
- Alternate Start System: E-Z Pull Recoil Starter.
- Air Cleaner: Dual, Semi-dry, Oil Bath.
- Engine May have slight alternate cosmetic styling
- EPA and CARB Approved for Safe Mandated Use
- Applications: Go Karts, Pressure Washers, Trailer Mounted - Mobile Carwashes, Log Splitters, RotoTillers - Cultivators, Water/Trash Transfer Pump.
What's in The Box
- DuroMax 16hp Electric Start Engine
- Owners Manual
- 3-Year Residential Limited Factory Warranty
- 1-Year Commercial Limited Factory Warranty
- 30 Day Satisfaction Guaranteed
|Displacement:||420cc Bore: 90, Stroke: 66.|
|Max Output:||16.0 HP / 3600 RPM.|
|Max Torque:||28.5 Nm / 23.34 ft/lb.|
|Shaft Size:||1 Diameter, 2-3/4 Long, 1/4 Keyway,|
|Shaft End:||3/8 Size 24 UNF - Drilled and Tapped|
|Measurement from Center of Shaft to Base:||5|
|Dimensions Of Unit:||1.75 Gallons|
|Fuel Tank Capacity:||3.0 Joules|
|Average Run Time:||1/2 Gallon Per Hour (at 1/2 load)|
|Dry Weight:||77 lbs|
|Recommended Fuel Type:||Gasoline - 87 Octane Rating Or Better|
GIVE US A CALL: 1-800-629-4329
We Have Product Experts Available to Answer All of Your Questions.
We Offer Free Shipping on Orders Over $99. We Also Ship World Wide.
We Are A Factory Authorized Retailer Offering Full Manufacturers Warranty.
We Offer Multiple Secure Payment Options. Affirm Financing is Also Available.
We strive to provide the best customer service and product support for our customers, so you can feel confident that you are purchasing the product that best suits your needs. We have Product Experts available to answer any questions and concerns you may have, and we will work with you to ensure that your order is correct every time. Our family-run business has always put our customers first, so when you buy from us you’re family.
Good engine for the money. Installed on a 30 year old wood splitter and it works well
I bought the 16HPE to replace a 8hp Tecumseh on my John Deere 828D snowblower. The 8hp from day 1 seemed underpowered. After 15 years the piston shaft broke so I decided to try a more powerful engine. I chose the DuroMax because of the price. It was half as expensive as a compatible replacement that was still only 8HP. I had to do substantial modification to fit the 80+lb engine where a 45lb engine was meant to go. The result was really cool looking but a little tippy as the center of gravity was elevated substantially (not a problem with operation though, only when moving from location to location in the back of my box truck. The 16HPE was installed in 2012.
Results: Worked almost flawlessly so far for 5 years. I really push it hard and it takes whatever load of snow I can cram into it. It is much quieter that the smaller engine and runs very smooth. It is pretty thirsty but I run it full out and the exhaust is clean. Everyone who sees it in operation is impressed.
1. I can pull start with one hand but if I forget to choke and have to pull 3 times I start to sweat from the exertion. I have electric start so I usually use that unless the battery is drained which leads us to note 2.
2. The engine does not charge the battery so several starts and using the LED lamp will drain it if I forget to put charger on it.
3. It is HEAVY. Take that into consideration when you are replacing a smaller engine.
1. It is not a snow engine so blowing powdery snow or snow fall landing on the muffler would melt then drip onto the linkages, freeze, and cause the engine to run erratically. Hot water poured on the linkages would melt the ice and temporarily correct the issue but that was not practical, long term. I solved this by attaching a couple of brackets to the muffler to support a EPDM rubber umbrella" over the engine. I lift the rubber out of the way to fill the gas tank.2. In year three the gasket between the gas tank and the fuel shut-off develope...
Retrofitted to a 1981 simplicity tractor for snow blowing. Had to modify hood bracket's. But starts easy and runs good. Will have to update when winter snow gets here and I run it under load.
I installed this engine on my 1987 sears tractor with dual wheels, lots of power and runs great. thanks
Everything showed up on time and just as they stated it would. Engine works great. Thank you.