Makita UC4051A 16-Inch Heavy-Duty Zero-Emission Electric Chainsaw
- Adjustment lever for easier tool-less tension adjustment of blade and chain
- Large separate-type metal spike bumper to grip work-piece firmly to provide more control
- Longitudinal motor provides greater maneuverability
- Rubberized grip handles are ergonomically designed
- Large trigger switch with soft start for smooth start-ups
- Built-in current limiter helps protect motor from burnout by reducing power to motor when saw is overloaded
- Oil pump keeps the delivery of chain oil constant, regardless of temperature and the oil viscosity
- Large oil reservoir with view window allows operator to check oil level
Whats in The Box
- 16 in. Electric Chain Saw
- 16-Inch x 3/8-Inch x .50-Inch Chain
- 16-Inch Guide Bar
- Chain Cover
- 1 Year Factory Warranty
- 30 Day Satisfaction Guaranteed
|Guide Bar Length (in.)||16|
|Chain Pitch (in.)||3/8|
|Chain Gauge (in.)||.050|
|Chain Speed (Fpm)||2,900|
|Oil Tank Capacity (oz.)||6.8|
|Weight w/o Bar and Chain (lbs.)||12.3|
GIVE US A CALL: 1-800-629-4329
We Have Product Experts Available to Answer All of Your Questions.
We Offer Free Shipping on Orders Over $49. We Also Ship World Wide.
We Are A Factory Authorized Retailer Offering Full Manufacturers Warranty.
We Offer Multiple Secure Payment Options. Affirm Financing is Also Available.
We strive to provide the best customer service and product support for our customers, so you can feel confident that you are purchasing the product that best suits your needs. We have Product Experts available to answer any questions and concerns you may have, and we will work with you to ensure that your order is correct every time. Our family-run business has always put our customers first, so when you buy from us you’re family.
Here are the reasons I enjoy using this saw:
1) The motor is to the rear, not to the side of the saw. This allows the saw to easily be used horizontally in both orientations, either 3 o'clock or 9 o'clock. When used in the vertical orientation the overall length provides extra control and makes bucking easy.
2) The oil pump for the chain is consistent and trouble-free compared to gravity feed. Sawdust stops a gravity feed system especially with viscous oil. The output is also adjustable. Very nice feature.
3) Very fast to adjust the chain with gloves and without tools.
4) Very easy to fill the oil as it has a good size opening. The cap is easy to turn as it has many leverage points and is attached to the tank with a tether. Oil tank capacity is very good even at maximum oil output.
5) The saw has great power, comes with an Oregon chain, and the bar has a bearing end sprocket. The cutting was smooth, controlled, and quiet. The quiet operation is wonderful for me and neighbors.
6) There is soft-start of the motor which is good because the motor is parallel with the blade.
7) The motor has current limiting which can be a bit sensitive yet a person learns the feel to manage it. It was not too limiting. It is important to have the saw beyond the soft-start phase before cutting which happens quickly. This feature will extend the life of the motor so I like it.
OPINION: I like this Makita saw very much and recommend it. Before I bought the Makita I purchased two used saws on the internet. I found them lacking in features and not for long term operation. Both are plastic cases and light duty yet I'm glad to have the experience operating them because the Makita became the clear choice.
Yet having more than one saw is very handy. The lightest duty saw (Poulan PLN1514) went with me when climbing the tree to limb and reduce the trunk height which the Makita is a bit heavy for this overhead work. The Makita was used for ground work like reducing limbs to manageable...
Bought used $ 100
100 feet of 10/3
Cut 15 trees up to a foot and 35 feet tall
Oak maple pine blueberry bushes
Blown away by how well and fast it cuts
Fast starts and stops quiet too
I'm 80 years old
Never use gas again